Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 Days of Halloween: Day 15




Geeze, you'd think that I'd have more to say these days. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I've been frantically trying to get my book ready to start pitching to agents, and so have been basically sitting on my butt, staring at the computer screen, willing words of genius to come to me. It's...not going as well as I hoped. But I shall persevere. I am nothing if not stubborn.

Part of the problem is that there is no Halloween spirit here: Germany doesn't celebrate Halloween. It's seen as a novelty holiday, much as the U.S. looks the Day of the Dead: cool but not really necessary. So there are no decorations, no haunted houses and, perhaps saddest, no pumpkin patches or bonfires to make one think of ghosts and spooks and things that go bump in the night. And so, in the mood of spooks and creepiness, I am listening to Lizst's Faust Symphony and looking at pictures of jack o'lanterns on Google.

No comments: