Sunday, January 27, 2013

Belated resolutions


One of the hard things about blogging is knowing what interests people. When I started this blog, it was as a joke really, poking fun at my family members who had suddenly "discovered" blogging after years of mocking me for having one of my own. I posted simple every day things-stories about school, quotes I liked, whatever-and didn't expect to get more than a couple of views per week.

Then, I moved to Europe. At the same time, I was researching how to market books, thinking that it will come in handy if (when?) "Fidelio" gets published, and decided to use this blog as more of a diary of this adventure. I decided, too, to try to focus its content on music and opera. There's one problem there, however: I don't get out to the opera very much. I'm currently in the just-starting-my-career-and-so-quite-poor stage of life, so I don't get to go to concerts and stuff the way I'd like. So there's a problem.

The other thing is that I am interested in so much besides opera. And so, for the last couple of months, I've been procrastinating with updates, trying new forms of update, and wondering if anyone actually bothers with this blog at all. Do I, I wondered, write only about music, or do I post my own writing here, and do people want to read what I think about traveling and life and literature and fandom things, in addition to the mere pittance I can add to the wealth of opera blogs out there?

This year, my one of my goals is to post more regularly on this blog. I'm going to experiment with posting a variety of things, and hopefully, any regular readers I do have will enjoy it. Here's to 2013!

4 comments:

Mirto Picchi said...

I always look forward to your blog posts because the writing is so good, regardless of the subject matter. But since you seem to want to know what your readers particularly respond to, I have to say I especially enjoy whenever you post even a hint of something about (or, even better, from) your 'Fidelio' novel. And I'm always fascinated by anything at all, no matter how 'ordinary,' about life in Berlin, tweeted or blogged. I know, I surely have way too much nostalgia for my visits there in the 1990s - ah, the trips to the coal bin, with pail and shovel!
@Mirto_P

Raisa said...

Christie, you write very well and I enjoy your blog no matter what you write about. But-your Fidelio posts are indeed fascinating.

Healthy Thief said...

Amazing site. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Workout Plan & Healthy Eating

Gold Entertainment

Katrina said...

I love your blogging! And, because I don't speak the language of opera as much as I should, I'm looking forward to a little more variety. :)